This video teaches the bare basic sounds for beatboxing and gives you some simple beats to start practicing with.
To help you out with timing, use the online metronome at http://www.metronomeonline.com/.
Here's how you make the sounds:
Step 1 Kick Drum
Make a "buh" sound. It's like saying "boo" without the "oo". Build up pressure behind your lips to make it louder.
Step 2 Hi-hat
Make a simple "t" sound for the closed hi-hat. Add a hiss afterward for the open hi-hat.
Step 3 Rimshot
Make a "kuh" sound using the back of your tongue. If you are having trouble, push the back of your tongue against the top of your mouth and force air from your throat over it. You should get a kind of "strangling" sound. Make this sound shorter and you'll have the rimshot perfectly.
This was the very first video I made in my beatboxing tutorial series, so if you want to see a newer and updated version, check it out here on YouTube.
Described as "[one] of the finest exponents of the hip-hop discipline" by YouTube's music blog, Fat Tony's tutorial series is THE definitive guide to learning how to beatbox. As featured on Humanbeatbox.com and BeatboxAustralia.net.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades